1. Pick a frame that fits your size & taste
Visit our webshop and choose the design and colour you like. Then choose the appropriate size.
Don’t you know what size to take? In our webshop, you can choose to try out all three sizes (small, medium & large) at home. Once the package is delivered at your door, you can try out the Oxy-glasses for one week. You can then keep the size that fits you and return the others, using the return ticket in the box.
Some insurance providers reimburse glasses, so make sure to send our invoice to your provider to find that out.
2. Insert the nasal cannula in the frame
The Oxy-glasses are only compatible with the Salter Labs Cannula 1616-7. This cannula has a maximum flow rate of 3L/min, so don’t use the Oxy-glasses if you need a higher rate. We send one cannula FOR FREE with every pair of glasses we ship. The Oxy-glasses have a groove inside the frame. Using your fingers, gently push the nasal cannula in this groove.
If you’re using the Oxy-glasses for the first time, you might have to adjust the length of the nasal cannula multiple times to find the right fit for you. Watch the video to better understand how to do this.
3. Put your glasses on
Once the nasal cannula is inserted in the frame, you can put your glasses on. If you don’t like the Oxy-glasses, you can send them back for free, using the return ticket in the box. We pay you back for 100%. If you prefer another colour or design, you can exchange for free.
In case you have chosen to try out the three sizes at home, you have to send back the two sizes that are not the right fit for you, and keep the size that you like.
4. Order lenses
All types of lenses can be inserted in the Oxy-glasses: from unifocal and multifocal lenses to transparent or solar lenses. There are two options to get lenses:
- Bring the Oxy-glasses to your local optician. They will gladly place the lenses of your choice. Check with you insurance provider if they cover the cost of the lenses.
- Send the Oxy-glasses back to Aspyro to place lenses. We offer lenses at reasonable prices. Send your eye prescription and the choice of lenses to firstname.lastname@example.org and return the Oxy-glasses for free, using the return ticket in the box. We send your fully assembled Oxy-glasses back within three weeks.
5. Replace the cannula regularly
Replacing the nasal cannula prevents infections, so you should do this at least every two weeks. The Oxy-glasses are only compatible with the Salter Labs cannula 1616-7. Most oxygen providers will provide you with these for free. In the exceptional case that your oxygen provider is not willing to provide these, you can buy them online. Be aware, the maximum flow rate is 3L/min.